WILLIAM BLAIR SMALL CAP AND MACRO INSIGHTS
The Best Opportunity Is Rarely the Obvious One
Pursue investment ideas that many portfolios overlook: macro diversification, undiscovered small cap companies, and more.
SEE OUR ALPHA DRIVERS
WILLIAM BLAIR CLIENT CONFERENCE
Exploring the White Space
Our inaugural CONNECTIVITY client conference featuring outside thought leaders exlpored the white space between asset classes, sectors, geographic regions, and investment teams.
RECENT WILLIAM BLAIR BLOG POSTS
- Beyond the Inflation Regime CollapseAt some point, ever-lower rates will fail to stimulate the economy, and the current monetary regime will likely be abandoned when this becomes the prevailing ... VIEW ARTICLE
- Follow the Money in Digital PaymentsAlthough digital payment transactions take only seconds to complete, there are different layers and numerous players interacting behind the scenes that make that phenomenon possible. ... VIEW ARTICLE
- The Spread Over Sovereign FrameworkAs the emerging markets hard currency universe has evolved from an asset class predominantly composed of sovereign debt to a more diversified one including sovereigns, ... VIEW ARTICLE
MiFID II Update
MiFID II Overview
In response to the European MiFID II Directive, William Blair Investment Management plans to absorb external research costs for clients globally, not just those subject to MiFID II’s research rules. We plan to implement the same treatment for all of our clients as soon as we are able to pay hard dollars for external research across our investment strategies.
- Treat all our clients fairly, regardless of location
- Ensure ongoing access to high-quality external research to deliver strong investment outcomes
- Enhance transparency with clients, as we continue to serve as a trusted, valued partner
Download PDF: William Blair’s Client Letter
What is MiFID II?
- MiFID II legislation went into effect in Europe on January 3, 2018
- It’s designed to offer greater protection for investors and inject more transparency into all asset classes
- The legislation introduces new rules on trading inducements, remuneration for research, best execution, market transparency, and the regulation of algorithmic trading
Our active ownership culture creates long-term client relationships by helping you achieve successful investment outcomes. Contact us to learn how we can partner with you.